"There is no way to overestimate the contribution that Ray and Anderson have made to our understanding of the times in which we live. They have put their finger on the pulse of an entire generation. Just knowing who we are, having a name as it were, gives Cultural Creatives more power to affect the world."
– Marianne Williamson, author of Healing the Soul of America
"The Cultural Creatives is a bold announcement that the starting gun for social transformation has already gone off. . . . Essential reading for understanding the converging forces for profound social change in the coming decades."
– Duane Elgin, author of Promise Ahead and Voluntary Simplicity
"A really interesting perspective on the history and growth of the modern consciousness movements. The Cultural Creatives helps us understand who we can be — it gives hope."
– Jack Kornfield, author of A Path with Heart
"The Cultural Creatives tells the human story behind some of the most significant and intriguing research of the new millennium — 50 million pioneers who have broken out of the cultural trance and are creating effective change in the world. This is a truly inspiring and essential resource for creating a new politics."
– Corinne McLaughlin, coauthor of Spiritual Politics: Changing the World from the Inside Out and executive director of the Center for Visionary Leadership
"Written with passion, The Cultural Creatives sows seeds of ecological ethics, idealism, and economic justice. Paul Ray and Sherry Ruth Anderson have made a much-needed contribution to the good fight."
– Randall Hayes, founder and president of the Rainforest Action Network
"Hallelujah! The Cultural Creatives brings us spectacular, inspiring good news: our long-desired sea change has occurred, each of us ‘cultural creatives’ is not alone, together we now amount to a critical mass sufficient to transform America!"
– John Vasconcellos, California State Senator
From the Hardcover edition.