Forget everything you think you know about the courts—and arm yourselves with this brand-new, urgently needed battle plan to defeat the Left’s legal assault on America.
How to Bring the Reagan Revolution to America’s Courts . . . FINALLY
With the Harriet Miers fiasco a distant memory and John Roberts and Samuel Alito sitting on the Supreme Court, conservatives can finally stop worrying about the courts, right?
Wrong. Dead wrong.
America’s courts, legal culture, and law schools remain solidly in the Left’s camp. Decades of liberal legal precedents fill volumes of law tomes. Absent a sweeping change—precisely what bestselling author Mark W. Smith calls for in Disrobed—liberals will ruthlessly exploit their dominant position in the law to continue advancing their radical agenda, as they have for the past seventy years.
Smith, a nationally recognized attorney, lays out an aggressive new battle plan to thwart the liberal assault on America by turning the courts into allies of the conservative movement. Be warned, Disrobed is not for the fainthearted. Smith implores conservatives: Toss out practically everything you think you know about courts, judges, and American law—because it’s naive, anachronistic, and self-defeating.
Fearlessly challenging the conventional conservative wisdom, Disrobed reveals:
• Why conservatives must immediately embrace—not decry—judicial activism
• A bold new model for finding strong conservative judges—behold the “Judicial Reagan”
• Why litmus tests, so often vilified, represent the only way to pick reliable conservative judges
• How to get sitting judges to “evolve” (finally!) to the right
• How the Right can sue more to advance the conservative agenda—on guns, taxes, immigration, the right to life, you name it
• How conservatives can turn liberals’ favorite court rulings against them
• The hard truth that who wins in the courts often depends more on politics and ideology than on the rule of law
Smith reminds us that courts, judges, and lawyers need not be enemies of the Right, and can even serve as valuable allies in the war against liberalism. But as his groundbreaking book shows, conservatives must force this change by taking swift action. Disrobed issues a call to arms to all conservatives, revealing that the courts are far too important to be left to the devices of academics, lawyers, and politicians.
“Conservatives,” Smith writes, “must accept—and adapt our strategies to—the reality of the modern law, even when the truth is uncomfortable. Otherwise the conservative political agenda and the American way of life will keep getting destroyed—legal case by legal case—in the courts.”
Also available as an eBook
From the Hardcover edition.
About Mark W. Smith
Mark W. Smith is the New York Times bestselling author of The Official Handbook of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy: The Arguments You Need to Defeat the Loony Left. A former professor of law, he is a practicing trial attorney who… More about Mark W. Smith
Ebook | $9.99
Published by Crown Forum Jun 13, 2006| 272 Pages| ISBN 9780307347527