Do you feel sluggish or depressed? Do you tire easily? Are you overly sensitive to the cold? Do you feel swollen or overweight?
An overactive or underactive thyroid could be the hidden cause behind many of these common symptoms. Left untreated, a malfunctioning thyroid may lead to serious complications. Once diagnosed, however, it can usually be treated safely, easily, and without anxiety.
Completely revised and updated for the nineties, Your Thyroid: A Home Reference explains what the latest scientific advances can mean to you. It is the essential guide to some of America’s most common health problems, and an essential addition to every home medical library.
– How to identify the various forms of a malfunctioning thyroid, and the
specific treatments available to counteract them
– How to gauge your susceptibility before symptoms appear–and when to
seek a thyroid checkup
– The effects of drugs, diet, stress and radiation on the thyroid, and how to
maintain its normal operation
– How to monitor thyroid trouble during pregnancy, and in your children
– Practical illustrations to help you help yourself and your family
Get the news you want from Penguin Random House
Published by Ballantine Books May 22, 2013| 320 Pages| ISBN 9780307833907