How To Be A Person in The World: Readers Guide
1. If you could ask Polly any question, what would it be?
2. Polly is known for her tough love—does this approach work for you?
3. Even though the truth can be hard, do you see value in the author’s honesty?
4. Polly is a self-care advocate: what are some different methods of self-care she mentions that she thinks you might be able to apply to your own life? Do you agree with her about the importance of exercise to self-discovery and betterment?
5. Did How To Be A Person in The World
leave you creatively inspired?
6. Which essay resonated the most with you?
7. Were there any questions that you couldn’t apply to your own life? If so, why?
8. Why do you think the book was titled “How To Be A Person in The World”?
9. Did you have a favorite quote from any of Polly’s answers?
10. Why do you think Heather Havrilesky adopted the persona of “Polly” for her advice column?