1. Do you commute to work on a daily basis, and follow the same routine when you do so? How much variation is there in your commute? If you take the train, do you always sit in the same car? How much do you notice about the people around you? Do you ever notice the same people in the same places?
2. When Zoe first realized she was being followed, did you think she was being stalked by someone she knew or someone she didn’t know?
3. Once you realized it was someone she knew, did you develop a favorite suspect as you read the book? Or did you suspect different people? Who, and why?
4. Do you think you could ever really know, or trust, another human being? How about your friends? Your own family members?
5. Discuss Kelly’s approach to victim support. Do you think she was justified in her way of dealing with Lexi’s sexual assault? How do you think her being a twin affected her reaction to her sister’s trauma?
6. I See You explores themes of parenting. How do you reconcile protecting your children with giving them their independence?
7. The mastermind behind the website in I See You used people’s predilection for routine against them. Did I See You change the way you view the world around you?
8. How do you think the person behind the website rationalized their actions?
9. The ending of I See You reveals the true culprit. Did you suspect this person at all? How do you feel about this ending?