Questions and Topics for Discussion
1. 1. Which is your favorite character? Least favorite? Why?
2. 2. Do you think that in real life, many married men would want to have a marital arrangement like Anya and Neil’s? Why or why not?
3. 3. Do you think Anya really loved her husband and tried to do the best thing for her marriage? What could she have done differently?
4. 4. Do you know anyone in this situation in real life?
5. 5. Does a man have a right to be involved with his child, even if the child were born during an adulterous affair? Why or why not?
6. 6. Do you believe that “baby mamas” can truly get along and make things work in spite of their circumstances? Why or why not?
7. 7. Do you know any one like Dani in real life? Do you consider her a great threat to women in general? Is she a good or a bad mother?
8. 8. Who is the strongest woman in the novel? What makes her strong?
9. 9. Should married women do whatever their husband want sexually even if it’s painful and/or embarrassing? Why?
10. 10. What is your favorite or most memorable scene in the book?
11. 11. Did the characters seem real or unreal? Why or why not?
12. 12. Is it a good idea for women to take advice from other women that are not in relationships, like the advice Vette is always giving to Anya?
13. 13. Was Neil a good father? Why or why not?
14. 14. Do you think that Neil and Anya should remain together or split up?
15. 15. Did you like the ending? How would you have written the ending?