1. What is your idea of a miracle? How do you think the inhabitants of Mason would each answer that question?
2. The author has said that she had specific individuals in mind when she wrote the visitation scenes. Who do you think was Lucille’s angel? Who do you think visited Abby in the hospital?
3. Do you think the small-town charms so prevalent in the Mason, Missouri, books exist in the real world? Have you ever seen the evidence? Would you like to live in a small town like Mason? Why or why not?
4. What do you think of Lucille’s baking classes? What do people learn at Lucille’s classes besides baking tips?
5. Which recipe of Lucille’s would you most like to sample?
6. NIGHT OR MIRACLES, like THE STORY OF ARTHUR TRULUV, features friendships between characters of different ages and backgrounds at the heart of the story. What do Lucille and Lincoln teach each other? What do Lucille and Iris teach each other? How do they help each other?
7. How is Tiny changed by his relationship with Iris? What does he need to learn about himself before accepting himself in a relationship?
8. Who was your favorite character in the book? Why?
9. In your opinion, what is the greatest friendship or love story in NIGHT OF MIRACLES?