THE WEDDING PARTY by Jasmine GuilloryReader’s GuideQuestions for Discussion
1. When Theo and Maddie initially meet, he judges her based on her career, something that people often do without realizing it. Have you experienced either side of this?
2. Drew and Alexa getting married is a big step for them, and it affects Theo and Maddie as well. Have you ever had a friendship change because of your friend’s love life? If so, how did you handle it?
3. Maddie puts on a certain persona because she thinks that’s what the potential TV job requires. Have you ever behaved in a way that isn’t really you for the sake of a job?
4. In retrospect, do you think Maddie and Theo were bad at hiding their secret ﬂing? Did the ending surprise you?
5. Have you ever disliked someone at ﬁrst, only to become good friends (or signiﬁcant others) in the end?
6. Both Maddie and Theo talk about how their mothers sac-riﬁced a lot for them growing up, not thinking about their own needs and desires to provide for their children. Can you relate to this in any way?
7. Being a bridesmaid or groomsman comes with many obli-gations. Were you ever part of a wedding party? What was the experience like?
8. On the surface, Maddie and Theo are two very different people: Maddie is more casual and relaxed; Theo is a bit of a control freak and very organized. Do you think this is a case of “opposites attract” or are they more alike than they appear?