Questions and Topics for Discussion
1. Does Gibson really believe he’s making the world a better place? Did you ever find yourself rooting for him?
2. What do you think are some of the biggest work issues highlighted in The Warehouse? Have you experienced any of these issues at your job?
3. Are there real-world companies that remind you of Cloud? Are any major companies adopting Cloud’s values and ideas?
4. Is the world in The Warehouse a possible future for us?
5. After reading The Warehouse, have you reevaluated how or where you shop? If so, why?
6. Have you seen recent news stories that remind you of The Warehouse? If so, why?
7. Paxton is furious with Cloud for ruining his life, but ends up defending its safety and comfort. Zinnia starts off skeptical of the company’s workers, only to later empathize with them. How did your feelings change over the course of the book?
8. Do you think Paxton has a point about the safety and security that Cloud offers? What are the trade-offs?
9. What do you think happened to Zinnia in the end?
10. Would you work at Cloud? Why or why not? If so, what color would you wear?
11. Do you think consumers have a role to play in improving the way the new retail economy operates?