READERS GUIDEReaders Guide
People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry Discussion Questions
1. When they first meet, Alex and Poppy are immediately put off by each other. Have you ever made a friend after a bad first impression?
2. What’s something you do on vacation that you’re unlikely to do in your daily life? Is there a certain comfort in anonymity?
3. Have you ever met a goal and found that your reaction wasn’t quite what you expected?
4. What is your worst vacation memory? Your best?
5. Poppy is going through professional burnout. Have you ever experienced that kind of fatigue? How did you get through it?
6. Which vacation of Alex and Poppy’s would you most want to take? Which would you least want to take?
7. Having grown up in a small town, Poppy struggles to break free of her reputation—or at least struggles to believe she can do so. When have you felt misunderstood, and how did you get past it?
8. Why do you think it takes Poppy and Alex so long to admit their feelings to each other?
9. Rachel has a lot to say about contentment versus purpose. In your own life, do you prize one above the other? Are these ideas mutually exclusive, or can you have both?
10. Do you think Poppy and Alex are going to make it?