Work With Us
Penguin Random House is home to the world’s greatest storytellers, with more than 15,000 titles released each year. From the industry’s buzziest fiction to cookbooks by Michelin-starred chefs to children’s classics, we publish something for everyone. We greatly value our relationship with influencers in helping to bring these stories to readers.
Who is Penguin Random House?
Penguin Random House is composed of seven divisions: Random House Publishing Group, Penguin Publishing Group, Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group, Random House Children’s Books, Penguin Young Readers, Penguin Random House Audio, and DK. We also have a corporate marketing group for the Penguin Random House brand at large. In the US, there are more than 100 editorially and creatively independent imprints within these divisions.
To learn more about our commitment to being a cultural institution that serves society, read about our social responsibility efforts.
How does Penguin Random House work with influencers?
We work with influencers in two main capacities—media mailings and marketing campaigns. To establish consistency and transparency in these functions, we’ve formalized the below as PRH-wide guidelines, as of April 2021.
- Penguin Random House does not offer monetary compensation for buzz mailings that have no posting requirement. For buzz mailings, we will provide you with books and give you the opportunity to read and review them, but you are under no obligation to do so.
- Penguin Random House does offer monetary compensation for sponsored content where posting is required. These paid posts will be within specific parameters, including timing and content guidelines, and potentially content approval.
Note: If you are an influencer or have a social media presence but also contribute to a media outlet, please disclose that in your outreach to us.
Am I able to work with more than one PRH imprint?
Unless you have signed a contract that states otherwise, you are eligible to work with more than one Penguin Random House imprint at a time.
Do you only work with influencers in the book space (bookstagrammers, booktokers, booktubers) or are you open to working with influencers in other interest areas?
While we most frequently work with book influencers, we are also keen to work with influencers whose primary focus is not on books. If you and your audience have a genuine interest in books and reading, we’d love to consider working with you.
Can I work with Penguin Random House U.S. if I reside outside of the United States?
At this time, Penguin Random House U.S. is only able to work with influencers within the 50 United States. However, we are a global company with offices around the world and we recommend getting in touch with the Penguin Random House office in the country where you reside. You can also reach out to our International team at InternationalPublicity@penguinrandomhouse.com to check on the rights restrictions and availability of review copies on a title-by-title basis.
Can you provide a list of the influencers Penguin Random House currently works with?
Penguin Random House takes privacy very seriously and therefore we cannot provide the personal information of our partners.
Could you provide a list of the Penguin Random House imprints and how to get in touch with them about their work with influencers?
You got it! The list of Penguin Random House divisions and imprints is as follows:
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group: A.A. Knopf, Everyman’s Library, Doubleday Books, Pantheon Books, Schocken Books, Vintage Anchor Books (FAQ page)
- Penguin Publishing Group: Ace, Avery, Berkley, Daw, Dutton, G. P. Putnam’s Son, Penguin Books, Penguin Classics, Penguin Press, Plume, Portfolio, Riverhead, Sentinel, TarcherPerigee and Viking (FAQ page)
- Penguin Random House Audio: Books on Tape, Listening Library, Penguin Audio, Random House Audio (FAQ page)
- Penguin Young Readers: Dial Books, Dutton Children’s Books, Firebird, F. Warne & Co., Kathy Dawson Books, Kokila, Nancy Paulsen Books, Penguin Workshop, Philomel, Puffin, Razorbill, Speak, Viking Children’s Books (FAQ page)
- Random House Publishing Group: Ballantine, Bantam, Clarkson Potter, Convergent Books, Crown Publishing, Currency, The Dial Press, Del Rey Books, Delacorte Press, Harmony Books, Hogarth, Image Catholic Books, Lorena Jones Books, Modern Library, One World Books, Random House, Rodale Books, Ten Speed Press, Three Rivers Press, Tim Duggan Books, Waterbrook Multnomah, Watson-Guptill (FAQ page)
- Random House Children’s Books: A.A. Knopf Books for Young Readers, Crown Books for Young Readers, Delacorte Press, Doubleday, Dragonfly Books, Ember, Golden Books, Laurel-Leaf Books, Now I’m Reading!, Random House Books for Young Readers, Schwartz & Wade Books, Sylvan Learning, The Princeton Review, Wendy Lamb Books, Yearling Books (FAQ page)