Dramatic performance rights, including requests for live theater, film, television or radio broadcast, must be requested from individual imprints.
Your request should include the following information about our material:
- The title of ourbook (not your source book if that is other than our book)
- Our author's, editor's and translator's full name
- Identify the material by title and/or chapter and/or pages (only if your source is our book) and the author and translator, if they are different from the book;
- Include Publisher/Imprint (e.g. Viking, Perigee, Dutton, Donald I. Fine, Putnam, Tarcher, Penguin, NAL, Signet, etc.)
- ISBN of our book, if available.
Your request should include the following information about your use:
- Your producer or company;
- Title & author of your production if different from the title/author of our publication
- Number and dates of performances
- Address and seating capacity of performance venue
- Ticket prices
- If this is a reuse, please provide the contract number of your previous grant
- Your complete contact information including a mailing and e-mail address
If your source is a collection, anthology, textbook, magazine, or any publication other than ours, review the copyright acknowledgment page(s) to locate the information pertaining to the original source for the material you wish to use. That information is relevant to your request.
If your source is a paperback, please check the copyright page carefully to determine the original hardcover publisher, or with which publisher arrangements were made for publication of the paperback and make your application to the original U.S. publisher (if not Penguin Random House).
For Random House, Ballantine Books, Bantam Books, Delacorte Press, Dell, Del Rey, The Dial Press, Modern Library and Spiegal & Grau contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Random House Reference, RH Audio, RH Puzzles and Games, Princeton Review, Living Language, and Fodors contact: CrownFilmRights@randomhouse.com
For Crown, Harmony, and Clarkson-Potter contact: CrownFilmRights@randomhouse.com
For Knopf, Pantheon, Schocken, Doubleday, Nan A. Talese, Everyman's Library, Vintage, Anchor, and Vintage Español, please contact: email@example.com
For Random House Children's contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via the Permissions web site (preferred method)
By US Mail: Permissions Department, Penguin Random House LLC, 1745 Broadway, FL 5, New York,, NY 10019
Please note that the Juvenile Permissions Department does NOT accept requests via email.
If you are unsure how or where to submit your request, please email email@example.com with the title of the book, author’s name (including any known co-authors or contributors) and specify which type of use permission for which you would like to reply and we will confirm the proper address.