"Another gem from America’s dean of financial journalists. Marshall Loeb delivers exactly what his book promises: a painless, 52-week makeover for your family’s finances. Follow his ingenious "task-a-week" game plan and the Long March to financial fitness becomes a weekly stroll in the park. If you’re self-employed, the advice on setting up a tax-sheltered retirement plan in Week 44 is worth the price of the book all by itself."
– Christopher Byron, columnist for Bloomberg News and MSNBC Interactive
"If your financial matters aren’t in perfect shape, Marshall Loeb’s book will help get them into the best shape of your life."
– Mark McCormack, Chairman, CEO, and President, IMG, and author of What They Don’t Teach You At Harvard Business School and Staying Street Smart in the Internet Age
"Marshall Loeb is the modern guru of financial fitness. He has filled this book with valuable and easily followed advice on how to reach that goal. Readers will learn a lot and enjoy the process as well."
– Myron Kandel, CNN Financial Editor
"Financial Planning can be intimidating. This book demystifies the process by dividing it into 52 components. Suddenly the overwhelming becomes possible. Clear and concise, this book is must reading for anyone who seriously wants to achieve financial independence."
– Alexandra Armstrong, CFP, CMFC, Chairman, Armstrong, Welch & MacIntyre, Inc.
"Marshall Loeb — a true icon of financial journalism — combines discipline, experience, and logic in his easy-to-read-and-remember trudge through 52 financial exercises. Every saver/investor should think of themselves first and act accordingly. This book can help you help yourself."
– Robert H. Stovall, CFA, Senior Vice President, Market Strategist, Prudential Securities Incorporated
From the Hardcover edition.