About the Author
Join the creator of The Black Apple, Emily Martin, on a trip through her magical world of paper dolls, imaginary places, and clever craft projects.
Inside this book you’ll find 21 sweet, mysterious characters with clothes and accessories all their own—from a busy beekeeper’s daughter to a bird-loving librarian. You’ll also find 16 dolls ready to be designed and brought to life by you! Emily will show you how to draw, paint, and personalize your way to a little paper replica of anyone you’d like.
With basic art supplies and the instructions in the book, you’ll also learn to:
• Make a custom wedding invitation or holiday card
• Color, cut, paste, and frame a unique family portrait
• Design your own paper clothes, shoes, glasses, and the like
• Cut and fold an armoire for doll-sized clothes
• Build a paper theater using one of the TK illustrated backdrops
• Direct a stop-motion film with jointed paper doll actors
• And so much more!
So sharpen your scissors and get ready for a unique and wonderful adventure.