Readers Guide The Nesting by C. J. Cooke Questions for Discussion
1. How did The Nesting
make you feel? What did you think of Tom’s decision to continue building Aurelia’s Nest near the site where Aurelia died?
2. How did you feel about the way the story was told, including Lexi’s point of view/voice and Aurelia’s diary entries? Did you ever wish you had seen more of another character’s perspective?
3. Which character did you relate to the most, and what was it about them that you connected with?
4. Were there any quotes, passages, or scenes you found particularly compelling or memorable?
5. What themes or symbolism did you pick up on throughout the story?
6. What did you think about the ending? How do you imagine the characters’ lives after the end of the story, especially Lexi’s?
7. What made the Norway setting unique? Why do you think it was so important to the story?
8. Did The Nesting
change your perspective on veganism or the environment?
9. What changes or decisions would you make if you were turning the book into a movie? Who would you cast to play the main characters?