With millions of books to choose from, we want to make it easy for readers to discover their next favorite book, and for authors to find new audiences. So, rather than wade through a sea of reviews and bestseller lists, you can visit Today’s Top Books, a website that uses data to serve up a daily list of the five trending books.
The site will be updated every day, and the position of the books will vary depending on how hot they are at that moment.
Here are five fast facts about Today’s Top Books:
1. The algorithm scours social platforms and websites including Amazon, Google, Goodreads, and more, to zero in on the five books that people are actually reading right now.
2. The site will be updated every day, and the position of the books will vary depending on how hot they are at that moment. Look out for these icons: a star indicates a book is new to the list; an up arrow denotes that it’s risen in the rankings; a chili pepper conveys that a book is holding the top spot!
3. The “Open Archive” tab reveals a literary time capsule that shows what five books were trending on any given day.
4. Once you’ve selected a book, Today’s Top Books makes it easy to read an excerpt and purchase directly from Penguin Random House or your favorite bookseller.
5. You have the power to influence the rankings! The best way to support your favorite authors is to buy their books and then talk about them online. Readers like you drive the charts!
The “Open Archive” tab reveals a literary time capsule that shows what five books were trending on any given day.
The best books are the ones you can’t wait to talk about with family and friends. We hope Today’s Top Books will create more of these connections, while also making it easy for all of us to find our next great read.
Check out what’s currently topping the charts here.