AN ESSENTIAL SELF-CARE GUIDEBOOK FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE
LOUISE HAY’S 21 DAY SIGNATURE DAILY PRACTICE FOR LEARNING HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF BASED ON HER MOST POPULAR VIDEO COURSE, LOVING YOURSELF
Mirror work has long been Louise Hay’s favorite method for cultivating a deeper relationship with yourself, and leading a more peaceful and meaningful life.
The Mirror Principle, one of Louise’s core teachings, holds that our experience of life mirrors our relationship with ourselves; unless we see ourselves as loveable, the world can be a dark and lonely place.
Mirror work—looking at oneself in a mirror and repeating positive affirmations—was Louise’s powerful method for learning to love oneself and experience the world as a safe and loving place.
Each of the 21 days is organized around a theme, such as monitoring self-talk, overcoming fear, releasing anger, healing relationships, forgiving self and others, receiving prosperity, and living stress-free.
The daily program involves an exercise in front of the mirror, positive affirmations, journaling, an inspiring Heart Thought to ponder, and a guided meditation.
Packed with practical guidance and support, presented in Louise’s warmly personal words, MIRROR WORK—or Mirror Play, as she likes to call it—is designed to help you:
• Learn a deeper level of self-care
• Gain confidence in their own inner guidance system
• Develop awareness of their soul gifts
• Overcome resistance to change
• Boost self-esteem
• Cultivate love and compassion in their relationships with self and others
In just three weeks, you will establish the practice of Mirror Work as a tool for personal growth and self-care, and a path to a full, rich life.
MIRROR WORK CHAPTERS INCLUDE:
· Loving Yourself
· Making Your Mirror Your Friend
· Monitoring Your Self-Talk
· Letting Go of Your Past
· Building Your Self-Esteem
· Releasing Your Inner Critic
· Loving Your Inner Child – Part One
· Loving Your Inner Child – Part Two
· Loving Your Body, Healing Your Pain
· Feeling Good, Releasing Your Anger
· Overcoming Your Fear
· Starting Your Day with Love
· Forgiving Yourself and Those Who Have Hurt You
· Healing Your Relationships
· Living Stress Free
· Receiving Your Prosperity
· Living Your Attitude of Gratitude
· Teaching Mirror Work to Children
· Loving Yourself Now
“Mirror work—looking deeply into your eyes and repeating affirmations—is the most effective method I’ve found for learning to love yourself and see the world as a safe and loving place. I have been teaching people how to do mirror work for as long as I have been teaching affirmations.
The most powerful affirmations are those you say out loud when you are in front of your mirror. The mirror reflects back to you the feelings you have about yourself.
As you learn to do mirror work, you will become much more aware of the words you say and the things you do. You will learn to take care of yourself on a deeper level than you have done before.
The more you use mirrors for complimenting yourself, approving of yourself, and supporting yourself during difficult times, the deeper and more enjoyable your relationship with yourself will become.”