The Magic TeaspoonPart I: The Magic Teaspoon Herbs & Spices
1. Introduction: An Adventure in Healing Pleasure
2. Nature’s Bouquet of Healing Herbs and Spices for Cooking
The legends and lore of the herbs and spices come to life in your kitchen. In an alphabetical guide from allspice to watercress, you’ll find stories of the herbs and spices in history, their health profiles and culinary uses, and you’ll travel to gardens of the world for inspiration.
3. Buying and Storing Your Herbs and Spices
4. The All-Naturals Guide
This chart is the first of its kind to identify the vital health benefits of the herbs and spices for cooking in one easy reference guide. It includes natural antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, antacids, antibiotics, antidepressants, digestive aids, diabetes fighters, cancer fighters, cholesterol reducers, and more.
Part II: The Magic Teaspoon Recipes
Health and pleasure combine in energizing recipes to boost your immunity; increase your vitality; reduce inflammation; lower cholesterol; fight diabetes, heart disease, digestive disorders, depression, and free radical damage; and help you burn fat.
More than one hundred recipes are provided for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks that include fabulous herbal purees, soups, sandwiches, sauces, dips, salads and fresh dressings, and healing iced teas. You’ll also find easy ways to transform your processed food into healthier fare and gain sugar smarts to help you cut excess sugar without sacrificing sweetness. The power is in your food!
5. A Fresh Start
6. Herbs and Spices for Butter, Honey, and Salt
7. Breakfast Energy
8. High-Energy, High-Potency Herbal Purees
9. Sauces and Dips at Your Fingertips
10. Sumptuous Green Salads and Fresh Salad Dressings
11. Sandwich Haven
12. Veggie Versatility
13. Chilled Side Dishes and Snacking Sensations
14. Hot Side Dishes
15. Pasta and Rice Pleasure
16. Potatoes with Pizzazz
17. Make a Little Magic with Chicken and Turkey
18. Make a Little Magic with Beef, Lamb, and Pork
19. Make a Little Magic with Fish
20. Delectable Soups to Savor
21. Desserts from Cool to Sweet
22. Magic Teaspoon Iced Teas
23. Transforming Your Processed Foods
24. Sugar Smarts