“Peter Cohan has created a logic of competitive strategy that speaks to the real challenges of entrepreneurs trying to create new organizations that are more likely to succeed.”
—Leonard A. Schlesinger, President, Babson College
“I can say unequivocally that the Hungry Start-up Strategy tips work! Thank you, Peter, for guiding us to a business model that supports our social mission.”
—Carol Barash, PhD, founder and CEO, Story to College
“A guide that will help the entrepreneur sort the urgent from the important and navigate the choppy waters of an early-stage venture.”
—Howard Stevenson, Sarofim-Rock Professor of Business Administration, Emeritus, Harvard Business School
“Cohan distills his expertise into a stunningly helpful and immensely practical book filled with a variety of tools that any entrepreneur will find instantly illuminating and useful.”
—John Harthorne, founder and CEO, MassChallenge, Inc.
Part I. Six Start-up Choices
1. Setting Goals: What Makes You Hungry?
2. Picking Markets: Feed Your Customers and They’ll Feed You
3. Raising Capital: Maintain Your Fighting Weight
4. Building the Team: Whom Do You Invite to the Table?
5. Gaining Share: Satisfy Your Customers’ Cravings
6. Adapting to Change: Don’t Let Others Eat Your Lunch
Part II. Implications for Stakeholders and Others
7. Straight Talk from Start-up Capital Providers
8. Can Big Companies Train Entrepreneurs